Live Life Smiling
Schedule a Free Consultation.
No Referral Necessary.
Braces for Every Patient’s Needs in Burlingame
Braces exert a constant and gentle pressure to move teeth over time. Dr. Lee will design a customized treatment plan to suit your smile, and to gradually move the teeth to their ideal positions. Your braces are constantly at work to quickly give you a beautiful smile with minimal discomfort.
How Do Braces Work?
The two main components of your braces are the brackets and the archwire. The brackets are pieces of metal that are affixed to each tooth. The archwire is bent to reflect your optimal bite.
The archwire is laced between all of the brackets and places force on the teeth. The teeth begin to move and new bone grows in to anchor them to their new locations.
With the new self-ligation braces technology that Dr. Lee uses in her office the archwire is attached to the braces with a spring clip. This eliminates the need for a plastic color band to hold the wire and bracket together. This clip allows for longer time periods between visits and the same end result, saving you time and comfort! For the little ones who would like colors, we can still add color bands as a decorative touch thus having the best of both worlds.
“It’s been a year, but it’s been a huge difference.”—Benjamin
What are the Benefits of Braces?
Braces have a number of benefits, some that may even surprise you:
- Increased Confidence: The most obvious benefit of braces is that having straight teeth is more attractive to others. This will give you the confidence to smile and may result in an increase to your self-esteem.
- Improvement to Your Oral Health: Crowded, crooked, misaligned teeth make it harder to clean your teeth effectively. Having straight teeth means easier access to clean, resulting in fewer spots for bacteria to hide, better breath, and a lower risk of tooth decay and even gum disease.
- Easier Chewing: A misaligned bite may make eating uncomfortable or even painful. This may cause you to stick with softer foods and even avoid delicious foods that you want to eat.
- Helps Prevent Tooth Injury: Protruding teeth are far more vulnerable to sustaining injuries during an accident. Braces ensure that your teeth are well aligned and not jutting out at angles where they may be more susceptible to damage.
What are My Braces Options?
We are proud to provide the latest and greatest orthodontic options at Burlingame Smile Studio! Some of the options you have here include:
- Self-Ligating Metal Braces: Our metal braces are smaller, flatter, and more comfortable than the bulky braces you have seen in the past. Metal braces are still one of the most efficient ways to enhance your smile. These self-ligating metal brackets reduce the friction between the brackets and wires, and can reduce treatment time overall.
- Self-Ligating Clear Ceramic Braces: These clear braces are popular with adults who want a more subtle esthetic option. It is difficult to notice clear ceramic braces, but they can correct all kinds of orthodontic flaws. It is important to note that Ceramic clear braces will never stain, unlike their clear plastic counterparts. These self-ligating brackets also reduce the friction between the brackets and wires, and can reduce treatment time overall.
- Invisalign: Invisalign braces are not braces at all, but see-through plastic aligners that are customized to fit your teeth. You will switch out the aligners every two weeks to continue to shift your smile.
Schedule a Braces Consultation at Burlingame Smile Studio!
Dr. April Lee is proud to offer multiple braces options so she can best serve your individual needs. To have your questions answered or to find out which braces option might be right for you, please come in for a consultation. Call, text, or email our office to schedule your visit today!