- They can enhance your appearance
- They can set you on a course for long-term oral health
- They can improve your mental health and self-confidence
If you have straight teeth and a pleasing smile, you are more likely to be mentally happy with yourself. Straight teeth also show that you can act and carry yourself as a professional.
What are my options for straightening my teeth?
- Traditional metal braces
- In-Ovation self-ligating braces
Whether you decide to get Invisalign, standard braces, or another form of braces, you are never too old to improve your smile. Straight, healthy teeth are especially beneficial in the professional setting. A healthy smile with straight teeth can show that you care about your appearance and want to be taken seriously.
Less-obvious benefits of straight teeth
We all know that a beautiful smile improves one’s appearance. Everyone wants to look more attractive. However, the benefits aren’t purely aesthetic.
- You are less likely to snore if your teeth are aligned properly
- People may treat you with more respect than if your teeth were not straight
- They feel good when you rub your tongue over them!
- You are less likely to feel tooth pain due to displacement or misalignment
- You are less likely to experience gum recession
- Straight teeth can prevent decay
If you care for your braces properly, you can form healthy dental habits
Braces teach appropriate oral health behaviors. Having braces can make eating certain foods more difficult, and can especially make attempting to get food unstuck from the teeth more inconvenient.
It takes a significant daily exercise to keep braces clean. Because of the necessity for constant dental hygiene, which may seem like an inconvenience, youth with braces can learn healthy oral hygiene habits. Having braces can train you to brush your teeth and floss multiple times a day. Orthodontia can also teach you to avoid certain foods that are not good for your teeth or braces. Even after getting braces removed, many of these healthy oral hygiene behaviors will stick with people throughout their lifetime.