Burlingame parents want what’s best for their children, but some can’t always provide everything their children need when the family budget is tight. If your child has crooked teeth and you are on the fence about braces, the team at Burlingame Smile Studio, serving Northern California, encourages you to read this post.
- A beautiful smile with straight teeth boosts your child’s self-esteem. Young children with crooked teeth may not notice that anything is wrong, but eventually they will realize that their teeth don’t look right. Straight teeth make the whole face more pleasing and attractive. If your child is self-conscious about an unsightly smile, they will be reluctant to smile. A serious demeanor could influence the way they are treated by peers.
- Crooked teeth can affect the bite. If you suspect that your child’s bite is not aligned, please make an appointment with Burlingame Smile Studio. Our team can evaluate your child’s bite and make recommendations for treatment.
- Crooked teeth can affect normal speech development.
- Correcting a child’s teeth with orthodontia is faster and easier when the jaw is young and flexible.
- Crooked teeth can lessen your child’s ability to eat a healthy diet. Misaligned teeth can make chewing and eating difficult. Children need a variety of foods but may miss out on important nutrients if they can’t chew raw vegetables or meat, for example. If your child only eats soft foods, their jaw may not develop normal size and strength.
- Misaligned teeth can damage the gums and underlying bone.
- If crooked teeth cause malocclusion (bad bite), issues with TMD (Temporomandibular Disorders) can result. TMD is a dangerous condition affecting the jaw joint.
- It’s easier to clean teeth when they are straight and uncrowded. When uneven teeth begin to crowd together, it becomes harder to brush your teeth properly. And, that leads to troubles with plaque build-up, cavities, and gum disease.
- If the child’s crooked teeth are not repaired while they are young, the issues may compound and become worse with age. Severely crooked teeth typically influence fitness and quality of life. For example, chewing troubles can lead to ulcers, and gum disease increases the risk of stroke and heart disease.
- There are many new types of braces. Ceramic, self-ligating, and lingual (invisible) braces are some of the new orthodontia options. In some circumstances, invisible braces can be just as effective at straightening teeth as the traditional type.
We offer the highest quality orthodontic care in a personal, professional environment. Our services include braces, Invisalign, In-Ovation System Braces, headgear, appliances, and retainers and we serve patients in and around San Mateo County, California area including the communities of Burlingame, Hillsborough, Millbrae, South San Francisco, San Mateo and San Bruno.
To schedule an orthodontic consultation, call Burlingame Smile Studio today.
Contact Burlingame Smile Studio:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):